Not really a big fan of New Year Resolutions...but this year I decided to give it a go and see how long I can stick with them. I mainly see NYR's as a too do list anyways.
1. Finish off my novel. I fell drastically short in the 'Write a Novel Month' mainly because I spent a week snowbound in Utah visiting family and couldn't get any time to work on it. So, I have to reach the target of 50,000 words to be happy on that one.
2. Build a lifesize replica of a Dalek...a workable one. I know. It's crazy...but it's something I've always wanted to do. I even joined a Dalek Guild so I could get my mitts on the blueprints!!!
3. Lose a ton of weight. I've given up beer for the New Year...well, until I go to Ireland for my Dad's 70th! And myself and my beautiful wife signed up for 60 days of Bikram Yoga. I started today and I'm planning on going everyday for the 60! After the 60 days, I'll sign up in local gym. I want to lose between 40-50 pounds. I know I can do it. I did it before.
4. Win another soccer competition. Winning the league again in such a long time has got me chomping at the bit! My competitive spirit is on an all-time high. This goal obviously ties in with number three.
5. Get Thugs! Issue 4 out by May. The Phoenix ComicCon is in May and I promised Al he'd have the fourth issue by then.
6. Another Thugs! related one. I'm going to try and get as many issues of Thugs done and dusted this year. Myself and Al had capped the series off at 12 issues. He's outlined them all...now I need to get cracking!
7. Completely write and draw a Judge dredd story in a 'Superhero Squad' style for the 2000ad inspired Zarjaz fanzine! I already talked to one of the editors and he loves the idea...now I need to get up off my fat butt and write the synopsis to send him.
I'm sure when I start getting these complete...I'll have more 'To Do' to add. But for now...that''' do.