Sunday, January 30, 2011

Influence Map - Update

Alan Moore
Do I really need to explain Moore's influence on me and a whole industry? Probably not.

My first exposure to Moore was his brilliant Future Shocks and Time Twisters. The 'Abelard Snazz' stories being amongst my favs. For me Moore added 'believability' to the absurd notion of the 'superhero' and in turn...ruined them for me (or enlightened me, depends on your point of view.) After reading 'Marvelman' (Not 'Miracleman!', you know where you can shove that!)...my mind was never the same. I can't look at superhero books seriously anymore. Damn him! And then his Swamp Thing run...holy crap! He truly is a genius of a writer. I've loved everything he's done from his 2000ad/Warrior/Captain Britain work all the way up to America Best Comics!!!


Alan Moore would be the fourth person on that British Creators Mount Rushmore and deservedly so.
For more Moore, click the link below...

No comments: